Devon & Somerset Fire & Rescue Service is committed to complying with the Data Protection Act 1998, ensuring the accuracy and security of your personal information. We promise to:
- Only use the information we hold about you for the purpose you provided it.
- Only collect the minimum information necessary to fulfil that purpose.
- Tell you what we will do with your information and who it will be shared with. Although sometimes the law requires that we share your information with other agencies to help reduce crime or investigate fraud.
We work closely with other councils, emergency services and community organisations and often need to share information with them, to deliver your services. We will not supply these organisations with your information unless we are satisfied that equal measures are in place to protect the information from unauthorised access. We will not supply your information to any organisation for marketing purposes.
So that we can provide efficient services we need information about our clients and our staff. How we will use your personal information varies depending on which service you use. For example whether you:
- Use our website.
- Are an employee of the Service.
- Have used our fire and emergency service.
- Have used our safety services in either Business, Community/Home Safety or Youth work.
See our Full Privacy Statement here.